SEMI and TechSearch International Database Also Revises Facility Technology Capabilities and Offerings
The new edition of the Worldwide OSAT Manufacturing Sites Database, released today by SEMI and TechSearch International, now tracks 320 facilities and adds the world’s top 20 OSAT companies by revenue in 2016 and 2017 to deliver even greater business value.
The latest release of the only outsourced semiconductor assembly and testing (OSAT) supplier database available in the market includes more than 80 updates spanning packaging technology offerings, product specialization, new facility announcements, and ownership/shareholder changes.
The report, an essential business tool for anyone interested in device packaging, tracks facilities that provide packaging and testing services to the semiconductor industry.
The Worldwide OSAT Manufacturing Sites Database is a comprehensive report offering insights into global OSAT facilities in China, Taiwan, Korea, Japan, Southeast Asia, Europe, and the Americas. The report highlights new and emerging packaging offerings by manufacturing location and by companies. Specific details tracked include:
- Plant site location, technology, and capability: Packaging, Test, and other product specializations, such as sensor, automotive and power devices are highlighted.
- Packaging assembly service offered: BGA, specific leadframe type such as QFP, QFN, SO, flip chip bumping, WLP, Modules/SIP, and sensors.
- New manufacturing sites announced, planned or under construction.
Tracking advances in packaging technology, which directly affects chip performance, reliability and cost, requires understanding company offerings by location. Key features of the updated report include:
- More than 120 companies and 300 facilities
- Over 90 facilities offering leadframe CSP
- Over 25 bumping facilities, including 20 with 300mm wafer bumping capacity
- More than 45 facilities offering WLCSP technology
- New facilities offering FOWLP and FOPLP
- 92 facilities in China, 89 in Taiwan, 39 in Southeast Asia
The database findings are based on information gathered and compiled from over 120 companies globally. All information in the Worldwide OSAT Manufacturing Sites Database was gathered by SEMI and TechSearch International. Report licenses are available for single-user and multi-users. SEMI members save 16 percent or more depending on the type of license.
Eugenia Liu is a Senior Product Marketing Manager at SEMI.