Engage in the SEMI Smart Mobility Initiative
SEMI's Smart Mobility initiative is designed to engage automotive OEMs, Tier 1s, device makers, design houses, equipment and materials companies as well as R&D institutes in SEMI’s Global Automotive Advisory Council (GAAC) to connect, collaborate and innovate along the global automotive electronics supply chain.
Why SEMI Smart Mobility?
The automotive sector represents the fastest-growing market for new electronic systems and devices, encompassing opportunities including autonomous vehicles, artificial intelligence, electrification, connectivity, communications, safety, cybersecurity, infotainment, and more.
SEMI is uniquely positioned to serve the automotive electronics market with its long history of connecting the electronics manufacturing and design ecosystem to collaborate and innovate together and address shared business and technology challenges. SEMI members are already making significant contributions to this development through the advancement of automotive electronic systems, including semiconductors, design, MEMS, sensors, imaging systems, and displays.
- Connect and synchronize the automotive electronics and semiconductor manufacturing supply chain, from concept to consumer and from silicon to system
- Identify common objectives, challenges, and opportunities for advancing automotive electronics
- Collectively harmonize and align automotive requirements and standards towards the autonomous car of the future
- Create action-oriented communities for open dialogue and transparent collaboration around roadmaps, standards, regulatory developments, and public policy advocacy
Automotive Electronics Ecosystem
This is a representative image of SEMI’s Smart Mobility ecosystem. It does not include all participating companies.
SEMI Smart Mobility Membership
• Connect and collaborate with companies and individuals across the global automotive and automotive electronics supply chain
• Learn about developing technologies and applications, technology roadmaps, critical issues, and more
• Demonstrate and present your technologies, solutions, and business strategies at SEMI conferences, seminars, and meet-ups
• Meet and network with peers and experts from around the global automotive and automotive electronics industries
Anyone with a business or technology interest in advanced automotive electronics applications is invited to participate, including:
• Automotive OEMs
• Tier 1 and Tier 2 automotive electronics and systems suppliers
• Device manufacturers: semiconductors, MEMS, sensors, imaging systems, displays, etc.
• Semiconductor design houses
• Electronics manufacturing equipment, materials, and services suppliers
• Government agencies and policy experts
• R&D and Innovation institutes
• Security and safety experts
• Software developers
Smart Mobility News
Automotive News article: Chip crisis highlights need for industry collaboration
SEMI and Center for Automotive Research Announce Collaboration to Harmonize Semiconductor and Automotive Supply Chains
Panel: How today’s chip shortage could help the automotive supply chain flourish in the long run
Microelectronics Power the Future of Mobility – Part 1: Autonomous, Connected, Electric and Shared
Microelectronics Power the Future of Mobility – Part 2: Opportunities for Electronics
SEMI Evolves with Eye to Future: Interview with Bettina Weiss
Bettina Weiss, SEMI, on why semiconductors are the crucial backbone of the cars of the future.
Learn more about SMART Mobility
For more information about the SEMI Smart Mobility initiatives, contact Bettina Weiss, Chief of Staff and Global Smart Mobility Lead, SEMI, at email@example.com